There is always lots going on in and around Ross-on-Wye for all tastes and levels of involvement. This might include:
- outdoor action/ sporting activities & events throughout the year
- the big annual festivals down at the river – including the Ross Regatta (late August), Beer & Cider Festival,
- the Town Carnival held since 1977 (early August), or the bi-annual Wye Valley River Festival (through May).
- Other special interest festivals – including the amazing Herefordshire Art 10 day open studio festival in September; the Walking Festival (late September)
- Herefordshire Country Show, Borderlines Film Festival, Hedgehog Festival, Linton Music Festival (June)
- The BigApple (Autumn)
- Smaller village fetes, markets, community events, live music, etc
- Visit Herefordshire churches
In addition, the town is surrounded by a range of really interesting castles and churches, of villages and views, of cathedral cities and craft centres.
The best place to start is at the Playross website
Other sites include:
What’s on – Britevents
Forest of Dean events calendar